Below is a list of what to expect when returning to ASD from another country or province
The attached pdf is the MODIFIED PURSE SCHEDULE for 2020 with the new opening day of May 24, 2020
THIS INCLUDES INTER PROVINCIAL TRAVEL
As this pandemic evolves daily, we are following the Government guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure to people on the backstretch at ASD. We must each do everything we can to limit the risk so that we can continue operations. Please see the following directions as to what to expect when returning to ASD:
- You must self-isolate for 14 days at home or off-site accommodation IN MANITOBA
- A series of COVID-19 symptoms questions will be asked by security of those entering the north gate to try and provide additional preventative and screening measures. They will also be checking temperatures.
- Documentation will be put in place to ensure that the quarantine/ self isolation dates of those identified to complete this process are properly tracked and monitored.
- Individuals in self-isolation/ quarantine will NOT be permitted to come onto our backstretch to provide care for their horses until the 14 day self-isolation period is completed.
- A restriction will be placed on access to the backstretch, allowing only those who are identified as “working personnel” Directors and related staff of the boards of the MHRC, LGA, HBPA. Horse owners WILL NOT be allowed in the backstretch at this time.
- Your horses will be permitted on the backstretch, but must be under the care of a MANITOBA BASED staff OR those that have already completed the 14 day isolation period.
- The horses will still be allowed to train under the care of the staff listed above.
- Horses are not required to be isolated: horses coming from anywhere can return to their “regular” barns as they are completely under the care of locally based grooms, assistant trainers, exercise riders, etc.
- “Locally based” people are those who have not traveled outside Manitoba or have already completed a 14-day self-isolation period.
- Dormitory (tack room) residents will NOT be permitted to return to the dorms until the 14 days isolation period is complete and have passed the health screening test at North Gate. Please help make alternate accommodation arrangements for your staff to complete the 14 day isolation period.
We recognize that horses require essential care and arrangements must be made accordingly for this 14 day period. We have implemented these rules to help limit the spread of Covid-19 and continue our training operations during these difficult times, however, we need everyone’s cooperation. There is an onus on each individual to self-police and respect the rules above for the wellbeing of the entire Thoroughbred community on the ASD backstretch.
Should you be in a situation, where you do not have adequate staff that are not in self-isolation, you may have to consider sending some of your team home ahead of the others. HBPA can assist in finding ‘helping hands’ here on the ground in Manitoba for this short time period.
Please contact the HBPA @ 204-226-8486 for assistance.