EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Earn $250 if you refer and train a person to become an exercise rider!
If the person you train becomes an licensed exercise rider and is employed by the HBPA for a minimum of 30 days you recieve $250 as our thank you. Visit us in the office for more information.
The Manitoba Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association, 3975 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3K 2E9 is looking for: Racehorse Groom Trainees & Racehorse Exercise Riders
Please email applications to the attention of Shannon Dawley, Office Manager, HBPA of Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org
Groom Training Program
*Training programs start March of each year. Applications can be emailed to the HBPA Attention Shannon*
If you have a love of horses and a desire to learn and work with them, this program is for you. The best way to know what we do, is to do what we do!
The HBPA is offering a 4 week training program for those interested in becoming a race horse groom. This hands on course includes 1 week in classroom, and 3 weeks hand on in the barn area. The course is a total of 130 hours of training, and the best part… the HBPA will assist you in finding a position afterward!
Successful candidates will also be offered an Equine First Aid Certification course.
Training class groups start every week starting mid March each year.
Applications can be emailed to the HBPA from January- March 1 of each year.
*This position is a full time temporary position for the 2021 season starting March 1, 2021 to approximately September 15, 2021.*
– Train horses by riding racehorses daily to condition them at Assiniboia Downs 3975 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3K2E9
– Adjust and apply specialized racing equipment, adhere to various stop and start points, using exceptional riding skills required to control 1100lb equine athletes, on a track experiencing large volume traffic
– Ride into and break horse out of metal starting gate for morning workouts attaining instant high speed in a short distance.
– Must have been licensed as an Exercise Rider on a recognized track for 3 years
– Must be able to preform duties in a stressful racetrack environment
– Must be able to provide a Criminal Record Check.
– Must weigh 160lbs or less for safety, humane treatment of horse and ethics of industry
– No formal education requirement
– Accommodations available on grounds
– Workplace insurance and health coverage provided equivalent to Provincial Health Program.
WAGE – $23.08 per hour
HOURS – 30 hours per week
LANGUAGE OF WORK – English